My wife no longer drives. How can I withdraw it from our insurance?

Q. My wife no longer drives. When my auto insurance policy was renewed, my insurance company stated that any resident who has a valid driver’s license should be included in the policy. This increases the cost. What can I do?

– Loving husband

A. You are smart to try to make this change to save money.

Your wife should downgrade her New Jersey driver’s license to a non-driver ID card.

Start by making an appointment for a non-driver ID on the website. There are 23 licensing centers in the state, said William Connolly, spokesperson for the Motor Vehicle Commission.

Then complete the “Non-Driver Permit / License / ID Application” (form BA-208).

If you fill it out in advance, you must make sure to print, sign and bring the completed form to the appointment. The form is also available at the agency, but preparing the form before the appointment saves time, Connolly said.

Your wife will need to collect documents to pass the 6 identification points and bring them to the meeting.

At the appointment, she will have to pay fees.

“If the customer has a valid New Jersey driver’s license, the fee will be $ 11 and the non-driver ID will keep the same expiration date,” Connolly said. “If purchased at renewal, the fee for a non-driver ID will be $ 24 and the expiration date will be extended for four years.”

You can see all the details on the MVC website.

Email your questions to [email protected].

Karin Price Mueller writes on Bamboo column for NJ Advance Media and is the founder of Follow NJMoneyHelp on Twitter @NJMoneyHelp. Find NJMoneyHelp on Facebook. Register for‘s weekly electronic newsletter.

Source link

More Stories
Microsoft Corporation, IBM Corporation, Google – The Manomet Current