Star Health Launches New Cancer Care and Cardiac Care Policies. Know the key features
There are no premedical tests required to benefit from these policies. However, the insured must submit previous medical records of treatments undergone at the time of purchase of the policy. Policies are renewable and premiums can be paid quarterly, semi-annually and annually, depending on the insurer’s statement.
Cancer Care Platinum: Health insurance for people diagnosed and survivors of cancer. Covers people aged 5 months to 65 years with a sum insured up to ??10 lakh.
Covers expenses incurred due to hospitalization for cancer and non-cancer related illnesses with applicable waiting periods. (Zero waiting period for accidents, 30 days for non-cancer treatments, 12 months for palliative care, 30 months for treatments for cancer and pre-existing illnesses)
The flat-rate cancer cover includes 50% of the insured capital as an optional benefit if the insured suffers from a recurrence, metastasis and / or a second malignant tumor unrelated to the first cancer after a waiting period of 30 month.
Cardiac Care-Platinum: Health insurance for people diagnosed with heart disease. Cardiac Care – Platinum covers people aged 7 to 70 with an insured sum up to INR 15 lakhs
Covers expenses incurred due to hospitalization for cardiac and non-cardiac conditions after 30 days from the effective date of the policy. (Zero waiting period for accidents, 24 months for named conditions and heart transplantation and 48 months for other pre-existing conditions).
Main features of the Star Cancer Care Platinum insurance policy:
– Sum insured available up to ??10,000,000, the customer can opt for the sum insured of ??5,00,000, ??7.5,000 or ??10.00,000.
– Covers hospitalization, day care, road ambulance, pre and post hospitalization costs.
– If the insured suffers from a recurrence, metastasis and / or a second malignant tumor unrelated to the first cancer, the company will then pay a lump sum. This service is added to the sum of insured compensation.
– A 30-month waiting period is applicable for treatments linked to Cancer and for Capital cover.
“Palliative oncology care is care focused on the quality of life of patients (as well as their caregivers) with advanced cancers that limit life expectancy. once in a lifetime. Available after a 12 month waiting period from inception of the policy, ”the company said.
– Additional benefits include palliative care, electronic medical advice, wellness services – diet and nutrition program, weight management program, specialist consultation – via the telehealth app.
– The insured will receive a cumulative bonus of 5% of the basic sum insured for each loss-free year up to a maximum of 50% of the basic sum insured. The insured can benefit from a health check after each year without loss.
– For a person of 36 years old for ??10,000,000, sum insured, the premium (excluding GST) is ??23,605
Main features of the Star Cardiac Care – Platinum insurance policy
– The insured capital is available up to ??15,000,000; the customer can opt for the sum insured of ??5,00,000, ??7.5000, ??10,000,000 or ??15,00,000
– Available for people aged 7 to 70 who have been diagnosed with heart problems.
– Waiting period for cardiac disorders: 30 days.
– Covers hospitalization, day care, road ambulance, pre and post hospitalization costs
– Heart transplant costs are covered up to 200% of the sum insured (after 24 months of waiting)
– Costs related to cardiac devices are covered up to 50% of the sum insured.
– Additional benefits include a second medical opinion, telehealth services, wellness services
– Covers outpatient medical costs from day one.
– Automatic reinstatement of the basic sum insured once to 100% when the sum insured is exhausted and no claims premium during the term of the policy
– The insured can benefit from a 10% reduction on the renewal premium, if he submits the ECHO, Lipid Profile and HbA1c reports and is normal.
– Renewal services include the provision of a health check at the end of each insurance year
– Accumulated bonus of 10% of the basic insured capital for each year without loss up to a maximum of 100% of the basic insured capital.
– For a person of 50 years for ??10,000,000 Sum insured, the premium (excluding GST) is ??31,035
To subscribe to Mint newsletters
* Enter a valid email address
* Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.
Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint. Download our app now !!